Wednesday, January 30, 2013

YW Theme Necklace

About two days before Christmas I was given a new calling at church. I now work with the teenage girls (12-18 years) and love it. Every year the youth at church have a new theme. This years theme is Stand in Holy Places. I was pretty excited to start looking for some fun ideas for the girls. I found a necklace on Pinterest and wanted to recreate it.
 
I bought the bezels, epoxy stickers, and giant spool of chain at Hobby Lobby. I can not tell you how happy I am that they carry that stuff now. I simply sent the scripture printout to Sam's Club to be printed like a picture. Punch out the scripture with your 1" circle punch, glue it into the bezel with a little Elmer's glue, and pop an epoxy sticker on top. I added a little pearl and a little charm that reads "made with love" (although I just realized I took a picture before adding the charm).
 
We gave these to the girls at our annual New Beginnings night and I think they were a hit. I figure they cost me a little under $2 a necklace, which is pretty good. Especially when you only have about nine girls to make things for.

No comments: