Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Easy Headbands

A lady from my church gave me a box of random sewing stuff a few months back. In the box were a few pieces of vintage looking ribbon. Sadly, the rest of the box was kind of a dud, so these were pretty much the only things I could use. 
 
I decided to use the ribbon to make some cute, little headbands for Savanah. Anything I can do to keep her hair out of her face. Drives me crazy!
Super cute, right?
 
I began by measuring her head, which was 19 1/2". Cut your ribbon an inch and a half smaller, making mine 18".
Then cut a piece of elastic 1 1/2". Sew the elastic to the ends of your ribbon. About 1/4" of the elastic will end up being your "seam allowance".
 
Super cute and super soft! No more complaining about those hard, metal headbands.
 
Granted she promptly asked for it to be removed so she could continue on with her pony watching business. Such a diva! 
On another note: Guess who finished off one of her spools on her serger? That's right. Such an exciting day for me!

1 comment:

Holly said...

Ooo! I love these! And I love that they don't pull on your hair or stab behind your ears! I may have to make some :)