Thursday, January 3, 2013

Camera Strap

I know this is no new thing, but it is when Santa brings you a camera for Christmas! Yes, I was very, very good this year. You will soon see what else Santa brought me. ;)
 
I started by cutting two pieces of fabric 2 1/2"x25". The camera strap is only 1 1/2" thick but I wanted plenty of room for seam allowance and to wiggle the cover onto the strap.
I wanted to add a little frill to mine, so I sewed this rosette trim right onto one side of the material. The rosette trim was found at Hobby Lobby, on the spool, next to the ribbon.
Sew around both sides of the trim to make sure it is attached. It should look like this when you finish.
With right sides of your two pieces of fabric together, carefully sew down the length (25") of both sides. Make sure that your trim is out of the way as you sew. I used a pretty small seam allowance here, about 1/4. This will create a tube since you are NOT sewing across the small sides (2 1/2").
Flip out you fabric with a fabric turner and iron flat. I didn't take a picture of this because it wasn't that exciting.
 
For your unfinished edges of fabric, I simply tucked them in and ironed flat. I didn't bother to sew because I didn't think it would make a difference.
Now, slide it onto your strap. I will warn you this does take some finagling, but push through!
 Now you have a super cute accessory that you can change out whenever you want.
*The last picture was taken with my phone because, well, you can't take a picture of your camera with your camera.

No comments: