Sunday, August 28, 2011

Sassy Stool

Although Tana is potty trained and has been for almost a year, she is still way too short to get onto the toilet by herself.  I was helping her with this task, but since her bladder seems to be the size of a pea, it got old quick.  I have been looking for a cute stool for their bathroom for a while but it seems that everything is bright and plastic.  Not my style! 

I didn't give up hope and finally found what I wanted at HL.  I found it in the unfinished wood section for only about $6 or $7.  It did have a sticker on the bottom that said "for decorative use only" but I am not worried.  The thing is sturdy and can withstand my two-year-old's weight. 
I gave it several coats of white spray paint, making sure to sand a little in between.  When I have the coverage that I wanted I became a little more liberal with my sanding.  After distressing it a bit I inked the bare wood. 

I L.O.V.E how it turned out.  Perfect for their vintage bathroom.  Added bonus: I don't have to help her... as much!


No comments: