Thursday, August 25, 2011

One Organized Princess

Aunt Nell is always sending me emails with great ideas.  I love when I see them in my inbox!  One idea in particular was sitting in my inbox for quite some time.  Sadly, I cannot for the life of me find the email with the picture.  I have also tried googling different words, but nothing!

The idea was finding decorative knobs and attaching them directly to the wall.  The image had vinyl lettering over each knob.  It really is such a cute idea, but because we have moved so many blasted times, I decided to tweak it a little.

I searched for the perfect knobs for a VERY long time and finally found them in Rexburg, ID of all places!!  I got these knobs for $2 a piece.  Beat that! 
Instead of attaching them to the wall, considering we would probably move again in a year, I wanted to make it portable.  I headed on over to Home Depot and found a piece of wood in the clearance bin.  I painted the piece hot pink and sanded down the edges a bit when dry.  Then I measured out the piece and did a little math until I found where I wanted the three knobs.  I enlisted my sister's help to drill the holes and added the knobs. 
Finally, I cut some vinyl with my Cricut and the Storybook font.  I added the vinyl with transfer paper because it makes it so incredibly easy.
Attach hanging brackets to the back and hang it up.  I hung it low enough so that Tana could have easy access to it.  And it looks great under her bow frame.

No comments: