Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Noggin Covers

A friend of mine just had her first baby girl.  I remembered that Ashley made some really cute newborn hats out of knit.  Her fabric was to die for!  Her knit was quite a bit more spendy then I like, but it was extremely cute.  I found mine at HL. 

When I bought the knit I had envisioned using it to make a few circle skirts for Tana, but it didn't end up being wide enough.  I just couldn't let this cute fabric go to waste.  I am a SUCKER for zebra print.  Especially on a sweet baby girl. 

I stuck pretty close to the tutorial, except my band and hat pieces did not line up so I had to trim some off before sewing the two pieces together.  I also did not make my flower out of knit.  I used broadcloth because it is super cheap.  And I did not attach the flower directly to the hat.  I glued the flower to a pin so that it can be removed.
And since making these hats has made me realize how much I miss my little babies, I found a video of little Tana.  Such a pretty little girl, packed with a whole lot of tude!

I have no idea who the crazy lady talking in the video is.  I must have been picking up someone else's frequency when I shot this.  Please just ignore the voice.  Really... ignore it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Julia said...

I love these hats. Make it and love it is my favorite craft site. You are just belting out all of these crafts. It's inspiring me!