Tuesday, April 16, 2013

DIY Disney Shirts

I had such an amazing time at Disneyland with the ladies. I forgot what it was like to only worry about myself! Only dress one person in the morning, only feed one person all day, no one telling me they have to go to the bathroom or that they are tired. I missed my kids and hubby, but it was wonderful! I was in complete bliss until...
I came home to this! Record snow fall. And it hasn't stopped since. Boo!

I shared a sneak peak of the matchy matchy shirts I was making for the trip. They were so much fun to put together and we got a ton of compliments! I kind of wanted to wear them every day we were there.
Rapunzel    Merida    Aurora    Belle    Cinderella    Minnie    Ariel

 I started by having everyone pick a favorite princess and a coordinating colored shirt. We had to make sure there were no duplicates! I then scoured the Internet for the perfect silhouettes that I could cut using my Make the Cut program. LOVE that program! It is too bad you can't buy it for the Cricut anymore. The actual picture of the princess isn't as important as the outline. Remember that!

I cut out 6" princesses onto scrap vinyl that I had lying around. Pulled out all the middle stuff so that I had a princess silhouette stencil. I did make sure to save any important inner parts, like the space between arms and the body. You don't want it to look like a blob!

Place a piece of cardboard between the layers of your shirt. Slap the vinyl directly onto the shirt, making sure to push around firmly so that no paint seeps under the vinyl. I then mixed a basic black enamel paint with some paint medium. I also tried adding some glow in the dark paint but it didn't work. :(

Simply paint in the open space and if you want to add some fun, throw on some fine glitter while the paint is still wet. CAREFULLY peel off the vinyl and let your shirt dry overnight.
I love how they all turned out, but I think the Merida shirt was my favorite. Definitely a fun, inexpensive way to spot who you are with!

No comments: