Thursday, October 25, 2012

When Life Catches Up

And kicks you in the butt! That is how my last few weeks have been. I have worked pretty much everyday, got put in charge of our church's craft day, have my normal church calling to worry about, and have a couple costumes to make. Have I started said costumes? No...
I will make today short, since I have to leave for a Halloween party with my young women.
 
I made this shirt using a dress pattern. I truly HATE patterns. I hate the flimsy paper, I hate the directions, I hate the fit. I much more prefer to make up my own. But I started this dress last year, and never got around to finishing it. Mainly because I didn't have enough fabric. It sat unfinished for a long time and it was driving me crazy. I finally threw my hands up and made it a shirt. There are so many things I would have done differently, but it is what it is (my little sis hates that saying).
 
So, for now, it makes a nice shirt. I do love the material. So fall-ish and corduroy, even if it is snowing outside.
 
PS I said hate a lot in this post. Not a word we usually use around our house.
PPS or is it PSS? Savanah looks especially Asian in this picture. Her Aunt Te' would be proud!

No comments: