Monday, October 15, 2012

Halloween Week: Mantle

We interrupt this weeks' regularly scheduled posts to have some Halloween fun!
I love decorating my mantle for Halloween. It is one of my absolutely favorite things to do and I might have started a little early this year. Like... early September... maybe...
 
Here is my mantle from last year. I added a few little things here and there, but I am pretty happy with what I have already collected. My decor is very muted and simple. I don't really go for the loud Halloween decorations, instead I usually opt for the black and white, vintage stuff.
I hung my skull plate this year, but had a slight accident in the process. If you look at last year's post, I had this really cute apothecary jar that I put rocks and a skeleton in. I loved that jar. Key word being loved.
 
I got a little lazy and tried hanging the plate by taping ribbon to the back. That lasted about five minutes. The plate fell off the wall and totally shattered my apothecary jar. Sad day! Needless to say, I learned my lesson and properly glued the ribbon to the back.
My favorite is still the jars I made. Dollar Tree vases glued to finials from Lowe's that I painted black. So easy and so cheap.
My Dollar Tree graveyard. I painted them all black and distressed them a bit.
New this year is my black, felt garland. Cute little guys. I picked it up from Target after Halloween, so it was pretty dang cheap.
 
I love Halloween!
 
Skip To My Lou

 
Halloween Mantels

1 comment:

Shante Schroeder said...

love it...I mean, I YOVE it. PS I also lub it.