Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Purpose of Life Handout

As I mentioned in a previous post, we are expecting! Yea for babies, right? But I have definitely not been feeling "yea" with this pregnancy. It started with the "sickies" and then went straight to the "no energy to post anything". I have been crafting up a storm, but just have not gotten around to posting about them. That all changes today. I guess I am blog nesting.
 
I have been serving as our church's Young Women's president for a little over a year now. I absolutely LOVE the program and being with the girls. It is quite a nice change of pace from being with elementary school kids all the time. The new curriculum that was introduced in 2013 is awesome. I love the extra leniency when I am planning a lesson. And I really love finding cute things for the girls to add to their journals (more on those later!).
 
This month's theme is the Plan of Salvation. I taught a quick lesson on the plan and then switched to the purpose of life. I was really struggling to find a cute handout for the end of my lesson, and Sugar Doodle was down all last week. What?
 
I finally stumbled across this handout on Pinterest. 
I love President Utchdorf, so it was perfect! I then remembered seeing these little hamburgers all over Pinterest and thought they would be so cute to give out along side my handout. 
They are so adorable and come together in absolutely no time at all.
 
Quick directions:
1. Mix a few drops of green food coloring into a small bag of coconut. Shake well.
2. In three separate bowls, mix frosting with red, yellow, and green food coloring. I used butter cream frosting from a container.
3. Smear red and yellow frosting to flat side of vanilla wafer.
4. Place York peppermint patty on top of frosting.
5. Smear green frosting on top of peppermint patty.
6. Push a bit of coconut onto green frosting.
7. Smear more green frosting to the flat side of another vanilla wafer and top off your burger.
 
Now make about 50 because they are so easy and they look so darn cute all lined up together!

No comments: