Friday, October 25, 2013

DIY Coming Home Outfit

Back in August, my sister-in-law sent me a pin on Pinterest asking me if I could make this outfit from an Etsy shop. Knowing that I could totally replicate it, and that I definitely could do it for way less than $24, I told her yes.
I kept some things the same, but added my own style, too.
 
I chose a lighter grey chevron and a dark pink onesie. Did you know that Hobby Lobby sells onesies for like $3.99 and then you can use a 40% off on top of that?  I also chose to have my bow tie go all the way around the onesie rather than just at the front. I like that it hides where the onesie and the material meet. And finally I found a giant rose for pretty cheap at Hobby Lobby and added that right to the center of the bow.
Cost breakdown:
Onesie: $2.40
Chevron material: already had, but let's say $1.50
Black material: $0.40
Flower: $1.80
Total: $6.10
 
 
That is quite a savings by doing it yourself, or finding a generous family member to do it for you! ;)
 
So the next time you find something super cute on Etsy, pause before hitting the "purchase" button and find out if you can do it yourself.

No comments: