Wednesday, November 23, 2011

The Princess has Spoken

Although we have never referred to Savanah as "princess", she sure the heck acts like one!  So when I came across this quote on pinterest I knew I had to make it.

I found the perfect frame at HL. I wish I had a before picture to show you.  Imagine: white satin ribbon tied in a bow that the picture was hanging from, blue and white striped background, and a wooden letter in the middle.  It was cute, but definitely for a nursery.  I started by taking off the ribbon.  I then carefully hammered off the back of the shadowbox frame.  Finally, I pulled off the letter and the backing until I was left with a clean slate.

I had a total FAIL the first time around.  I designed the layout in my Making the Cut studio and just printed it from there.  I originally had it on a really cute piece of pink paper, but I went a little crazy with the distressing ink after.  Oops!  

So, I reprinted it on paper I already had and went from there.  I added a little bling to embellish the sides and was a lot more lenient with the distressing ink this time around.  A little glue to the back and I was done.

Warning: DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME!  I was quite the tater tot while I was doing this project.  Before I glued the two pieces back together, I decided to clean the glass.  Long story short, I slid my hand down the side of the glass at the exact moment that the cloth slipped out of my hand.  Yeah, it hurt.  I might have even had it wrapped in gauze the next day at school.  Maybe... 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

crafting is so dangerous !

Anonymous said...

crafting is so dangerous !