Thursday, February 2, 2012

Old Shirt: New Life

I love when I come across a tutorial that saves one of my shirts from the donation pile.  I have a few shirts that I truly love but the shape has always been wrong.  

Three of the shirts are a silky material and while I love the softness and the lightweight material, I hated how boxy and long they were.  I thought about hemming them but sometimes trying to hem this type of material can be a pain.

Enter this tutorial.  Totally simple and, come on, who doesn't have a ton of elastic lying around?





The only difference is that I just used a regular stitch instead of a zig-zag.  Not sure if that matters, though.
Seriously, go try it.  It also leaves open the possibilities of buying larger shirts.  I know that has happened to everyone.  You find a shirt you LOVE but it is way too big.  Solution!

No comments: